trusting . resting . following

Searching for Wisdom

December 12, 2016
Sara asked me if we could not give so many gifts/ rewards at Bible club for awhile.  I have a closet full of stickers and other little gifts, and I've been asked by a Tanzanian not to give them out!  Isn't that such a strange request?  But it does make sense.  When she had the kids for 2 months without me, there weren't as many presents, and there also weren't as many kids.  They don't need to get used to taking presents home every week!  And sure enough, we've been averaging 15-20 kids instead of 35-40 kids per week.  :-)

This month we've separated the older and younger kids for the Bible story time.  I have an excellent flashcard series on the life of Solomon, but it's way too difficult for little 5 years olds to understand.  Sara is teaching them, while I get to lead more of a Bible study style lesson with the older kids.  Man do I LOVE it!!!   I sit  down on a mat in the shade with about 10 3rd-6th graders, and we open our Bibles to the book of Proverbs.  It's like digging for treasure!  One week we looked at general verses contrasting the wise man and the foolish man.  We've also looked at what God says about money, friends, marriage, and raising kids.

Last week I said, "But maybe you're thinking, 'We're just kids, why are we reading verses about God's plan for marriage?'  Let me tell you, you're not that many years away from being a grown up!  It's better to understand now what God's plan is, so you can decide early on what kind of family you want to build.'"  One boy, Jeremiah, seems especially interested in soaking everything up!

Lord, use Your living and active Word of God in these kids' hearts.  May these lessons stay with them all through their lives.  And may they pursue You, "In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge!" (Col 2:3)



Post Comment
Post a Comment