trusting . resting . following

Across the ocean and back

November 21, 2015
Took a quick trip home last month for a little family time.  I had this weird feeling when I got to gate in Amsterdam.  All of us heading to Minneapolis, most of us Americans.  I hadn't been around so many Americans for awhile.  It felt good somehow.  "These are my peeps."  I thought.  I had a weird bit of comradery with total strangers, just being around them.  ;-)

I got to see my grandma, who's been bedridden for 5 months.  A few months earlier she had taken a turn for the worse, and I thought I wouldn't get to see her.  So glad I did.  I love that dear woman.  She has loved Jesus ever since I've known her.  She even lead my Grandpa on my dad's side to the Lord.  She told me several times while I was home, "You know there's a lot of people waiting for me."  Then she began listing off her loved ones and relatives that have gone ahead of her, most of them she lead to the Lord herself! 




I also got to spend some good time with my parents, brothers and their families, and Uncle Ron.  So grateful for the blessings God piles in my lap!










Post Comment
Post a Comment