trusting . resting . following

Saying Goodbye

September 24, 2015


One of the reasons that I’ve moved is that my landlords are moving back to the states.  I rented a guest house on Tim and Joyce’s property for the last 7 years.    But they were much more than landlords, they have become DEAR FRIENDS.  We ate meals together, had movie nights together, and played endless rounds of rummikub (they never let me win!).  When I had car issues or water issues or appliance issues, Tim was always quick to help out.   Joyce made me laugh daily.   We spent many a night sitting on their porch watching the sun set over Lake Victoria,  letting the cares and stresses of the day melt away as the sun dropped.  I learned much from their years of experience in ministry.  I love their love for people.   Tim and Joyce, my tears are flowing.  I miss you already!  I’m so thankful that God placed you in my life for my first years as a missionary.  Thank you for being my Tanzania mom and dad!!!











1 comment on "Saying Goodbye"
  1. So thankful that God gave you these two servants to be your landlord and mentors. I will be praying for them as they start their new lives in the States.

    ReplyDelete