trusting . resting . following

Nuggets of Joy- part 2

September 17, 2013
Making Song Visuals
Last year I made a "What Can Wash Away My Sin" song visual as a gift for each of our churches.  All throughout the year I kept my eyes open, looking for anyone who was using their song visual.  Nada.  I didn't find even one.

Hmmm... Ok, new idea.  No more freebies.  What can I do?

This year I tried another idea.  I made a song visual for myself of "I Believe the Bible."  (Great song because it's simple, even for preschool and clearly teaches the gospel, and it's easy to translate into Swahili!)  I taught them the song and left a basket of supplies available all week for anyone who wanted to make their own visual in the evenings or between sessions.  (There were pictures to color, cut out, and tape to card stock.  Then tape sticks to the back.)

Mama Juma making her song visual
Mama Gervis understood and got started on her "craft" right away.  She was done by the second day.  All of a sudden others got motivated.  Me and my little faith.  I only left enough supplies for 2 people!  Each day I had to bring in more card stock or get more copies.  More and more people wanted their own.

More than half of the 11 seminar attendees went home with their personally made song visual.  Woo-hoo.  Now to see who uses theirs with their kids. I'll be keeping my eyes open.

Eliza, Martha, Sitta, Alex, Maduhu, Susanna, and Mama Gervis with their song visuals.

Post Comment
Post a Comment