trusting . resting . following

The miracle of Pentecost without the miracle of tongues.

September 16, 2012
For about 6 months now, I've been teaching Bible at a preschool class on Fridays.  It's taken time for the kids to warm up to me.  It's taken time for them to get past the shock of having a foreigner for a teacher enough to really listen to what she is saying.  Last week I taught Acts 2 about the day of Pentecost, and I saw the Holy Spirit working in the hearts of the kids.

We talked about how Peter changed after the Holy Spirit came and filled him... changed from the fearful man who denied his Lord 3 times, to the bold man preaching before thousands of people.  The whole class of 20 students were silent ...a strange moment in the world of preschoolers.  They seemed to be really gripped with the fact that some of the people that Peter was preaching to were among those that had crucified the Savior 6 weeks earlier.  I got so caught up in teaching (and rather shocked at how well they were listening,) that I forgot to mention the miracle of tongues that God did that day! :-)  

I praise His name for the glimpse of watching Him work last week, and I'm sure you can guess what I'll be adding in our review time next week. :-)



Post Comment
Post a Comment