trusting . resting . following

Tanzanian DMV

May 14, 2012
Last week I spend several days in government offices getting my car registration renewed as well as my driver's license.  In just the 3 1/2 years that I've been here, I can't believe how Mwanza has changed!  As Mwanza grows, so do the amount of drivers and cars on the roads.  Thankfully the Tanzanian "DMV" has also grown with the times.  What used to take half a day of standing in lines to get just the right stamp on just the right documents, now only took 1 1/2 hours!

Our driver's license used to be a cardboard "book" with stamps and my picture pasted in the back.  Now they take your picture and it gets scanned into their computer... you come back the next day to pick up this:

Pretty snazzy, don't you agree?
Post Comment
Post a Comment