trusting . resting . following

Keep!

August 26, 2011
My first week back in Mwanza… My house is getting a fresh coat of paint and the couches reupholstered and new curtains!  In the meantime I’m staying with another family.  It will be a few weeks before I can start unpacking, but this has given me some time to slowly work my way back into the culture.  I’m also getting some time to recharge my spiritual “batteries” in the Word before ministry begins in earnest.

I’ve been seeking the Lord’s face for a  fresh vision or refreshed commission for my 2nd term.  I know God has called me here, but I’m still young and weak and I need to hear from heaven often.  He gave me a verse last night- 2 Tim. 1:14. “That good thing, which was committed unto thee, keep, by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.”  Timothy was young pastor and Paul exhorted him to “stay by the stuff.”  I’ve been given a charge too, as advocate for the children.  And now I’ve received my marching orders… “stick to it.”  Is there anything more thrilling than when the Word comes alive?  When God speaks directly into your situation?  Thank you, Father!
Post Comment
Post a Comment